It's not to often games live up to the "BILLing" however this week the Patriots and Colts did just that. Not to be outdone, the Bengals and Steelers got after it in historic fashion.
These are the Week 11 LRN Power Rankings:
1. Indianapolis Colts (2) Belichick didn't want Peyton to get the ball back, now you know why. The undefeated Colts continue to win, that's all that matters right now.
2. New Orleans Saints (1) Out of the top spot for now, there is only so many times you can play with fire before you get burnt. The Rams shouldn't have been able to cause as much trouble as they did.
3. Cincinnati Bengals (5) 5-0 in the AFC North is downright impressive. Winning in Pittsburgh and I'm sold. The Bengals are for real and can give any team a run right now.
4. Minnesota Vikings (4) I want to see Minnesota beat somebody. I think they are an excellent NFC football team. However, pit them against the Steelers, Bengals, Colts, or Patriots and they'd have major problems.
5. New England Patriots (3) It's a loss, bottom line. Maybe Belichick knew Peyton would score if he got the ball back from anywhere, maybe he thought his offense could get the two yards. Either way you slice it, it's a loss.
6. Pittsburgh Steelers (6) The Steelers lost to a better football team in their own division. Word to the wild card wise, if your fighting for a spot against Pittsburgh your in trouble.
7. San Diego Chargers (12) Winners of their last four the Chargers head to Denver against a team which has dropped their last three. This one is for the division and you can bet San Diego has an axe to grind from previous loss to those same Broncos.
8. Baltimore Ravens (9) Nothing Baltimore did against Cleveland impressed me. Their offense was lethargic and is probably looking ahead. This team plays Indianapolis and Pittsburgh in back to back weeks, it gets scary here very soon.
9. Dallas Cowboys (8) This is how I put a positive spin on things. Green Bay was embarrassed last week, playing for their jobs, and Dallas coming off their biggest win. This was a trap game and they fell into the trap.
10. Houston Texans (13) Weren't they on a bye? Philadelphia lost again. Atlanta lost again. Denver continued to slide and lost again. The Texans are a playoff contender and have two division games coming up. Mark my words, November 29th the Texans hand Indianapolis their first loss of the season.
11. Philadelphia Eagles (10) The 5-4 Eagles head on the road for three of their next four. If this team has playoff dreams its about time they start playing like it.
12. Denver Broncos (7) I could handle losses to Baltimore and Pittsburgh, but Washington? With three straight losses and a very hot San Diego team coming to town, things don't look good.
13. Green Bay Packers (16) Tip of the cap, you won a game you needed badly. However, this Packer team still has problems and are watching the Vikings run away with the division.
14. Miami Dolphins (14) Traveling to Carolina on Thursday night will be interesting for the Dolphins. A chance to get back to .500 against a very hot Panthers team.
15. Arizona Cardinals (15) In St. Louis and at Tennessee coming up, the Cardinals could be 8-3 after 12 weeks. The defending NFC champs will be in the postseason, the question then becomes, can they repeat?
16. Carolina Panthers (19) Some things will have to fall their way, but the 4-5 Panthers are very much alive in the playoff picture after their win over Atlanta.
17. Atlanta Falcons (11) The Falcons are 5-4 with seven games remaining, needing a 4-3 finish to have their first back to back winning seasons in the history of the franchise. Things aren't all that bad for Atlanta thus far.
18. San Francisco 49ers (17) Yes, you can move down after a victory. The 10-6 win over Chicago is not impressive. In fact both of these teams put on a disaster on the NFL Network's first Thursday night game.
19. Jacksonville Jaguars (22) The Jags are 5-4 with two winnable games coming up. As said in previous weeks, the more MJD carries the rock the more they win. Jones-Drew is averaging 133 yards per game over the last four, the Jaguars are 3-1 in that stretch.
20. New York Giants (21) I expect the Giants have used their bye week to get things back on track. The defense still has some parts but should be getting healthy. Don't sleep on the Giants, they do have the talent.
21. Tennessee Titans (24) Vince Young is 3-0 as a starter and has completed 44 of 62 passes in those starts. Oh right, and running back Chris Johnson is averaging 160+ yards per game and two touchdowns. Go Titans!
22. Chicago Bears (18) Jay Cutler leads the NFL in interceptions (17), and the Bears are 4-5 with Philly and Minnesota coming up. Good luck against those defenses, interceptions will be very easy to come by.
23. New York Jets (20) It's a shame really. No momentum going to New England, against a team looking to make a statement. Rex better have his buckle strapped tight, Tom Brady and company will take no prisoners from this point on.
24. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (27) In consecutive weeks the Bucs have played tough. A win vs. Green Bay followed by a close call against Miami, Tampa Bay is playing with alot of heart, that's way more than I can say for some other teams.
25. Kansas City Chiefs (28) After their road win in Oakland this past week, the Chiefs play Pittsburgh, San Diego, and Denver. Can anybody say a 10-loss season? I can.
26. St. Louis Rams (26) I'm impressed. The Rams gave New Orleans a run for their undefeated money on Sunday afternoon. Marc Bulger threw for 298 yards and Stephen Jackson rushed for 131. Still, don't get crazy here your still in the Jake Locker sweepstakes.
27. Seattle Seahawks (25) Speaking of, with the veteran Hasselbeck turning 34 in September, and Jake Locker playing his college ball right there in Washington, what could be a better fit?
28. Washington Redskins (31) The 'Skins beat up a sliding Bronco team on Sunday. However, the question remains how long things can last on a good note in D.C.? Based on their owner, not very long.
29. Buffalo Bills (23) A tie game heading into the fourth quarter against Tennessee, that was before they allowed 24 unanswered points in the final 15. Buffalo is a dumpster fire, time to blow this thing up and decide if Canadian expansion is right for you.
30. Oakland Raiders (29) It is impossible to win in the NFL if you can't put points on the board. Through ten weeks the Raiders have managed to put 20 points on the board just once, and that was in week 1. Oh, and they've averaged just 8 points per through the last seven games.
31. Detroit Lions (30) How does this work out? The Lions are something awful with a 1-8 record preparing to play the Cleveland Browns this coming weekend, who are also 1-8. Great, whose got that game?
32. Cleveland Browns (32) How does this work out? The Lions are something awful with a 1-8 record preparing to play the Cleveland Browns this coming weekend, who are also 1-8. Great, whose got that game?
No, That wasn't a typo.
Questions, comments feel free, also catch us on Twitter!
Post a Comment